As a children's book author, I offer various types of school visits to meet the unique needs of different schools and grade levels. My author visits have been shown to have a profound impact on students, improving literacy, encouraging reading for pleasure, inspiring reluctant readers, enthusing pupils in their own writing, giving confidence, broadening knowledge of literature, allowing pupils to meet a favorite author, and providing an opportunity for children to ask questions. Additionally, author visits have a positive impact on teachers who can gain professionally and personally from the experience, providing new insights into literature, new methods for encouraging pupil engagement, and renewed enthusiasm for promoting reading for pleasure.
Here are the four types of school visits that I offer:
General Assembly Style Visit: These presentations are 45-60 minutes in length for elementary-aged children, usually in a classroom or library setting. This program is perfect for large groups of children PK-8. It includes an engaging introduction, a reading of selected books, giveaways, book signing, and a brief Q&A with the children.
- Assembly-style presentations are designed for larger groups of students, typically the entire school or a grade level.
- These presentations are highly engaging and interactive, using a combination of multimedia elements, storytelling, and interactive activities to keep students interested and entertained.
- With a maximum of 3-4 classes per presentation, this format allows for a cost-effective way to reach a large number of students.
- Visual aids are often utilized in assembly-style presentations to reinforce key concepts and keep students engage.
- The Body Safety Wise presentation is aimed at empowering children to recognize and respond to unsafe situations while helping them develop healthy boundaries and a sense of agency over their bodies. It helps them to understand the importance of consent and how to communicate their boundaries to others.
- Benefits of the Body Safety Wise presentation are numerous.
- It helps to create a safe and supportive learning environment where children feel comfortable discussing sensitive topics.
- The presentation also provides a valuable opportunity for students to develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as they learn to recognize and respond to potentially dangerous situations.
Custom School Visits: I offer custom visits tailored to meet your school's unique needs. These presentations are for students in PK-8, and they include an interactive book reading, exciting giveaways, book signing, and a brief Q&A session. These visits can be 1-2 hours, half-day, or full-day, and the content varies depending on the grade level.
Once a date is secured, you will receive an invoice to your provided email address. The invoice will detail additional information regarding timeframe to have the invoice paid. I am excited to work with you and your school to create an unforgettable experience that will inspire a love of reading and writing in your students!
Virtual Visits: I also offer a choice of bespoke pre-recorded or live virtual learning options for schools across the globe. Virtual presentations are about 30 minutes to an hour in length. I’ll briefly introduce myself and read a book, talk about my inspiration for the book. These visits can be done on either on Zoom or Google Hangouts/Meet. Rates for virtual visits are less than those for in-person visits.